On February, 7 1943, Mr. Jack Cronin, a Du Pont Pigments Division Representative, entertained managers and production personnel with a dinner at Lamar Hotel. The dinner was followed by a technical presentation. Again, the suggestion was made that a Houston club be formed with the thought that technical speakers could cover both Houston and Dallas in one trip. Then a Mr. Wes Skillern, from Thompson-Hayward Chemical Company with the assistance of Mr. E. B. McCullough from Roy A Ribelin Distribution Company, arranged another meeting for March 1943.
Mr. Charles A. Lambert from A. C. Horn Company called the meeting to order and Mr. Jim Crouch from Pittsburgh Plate and Glass Company was chosen as temporary chairman. At this meeting it was also suggested that Mr. Loren Odell of Pratt Paint Company in Dallas and also a member of the Dallas Paint and Varnish Production club, come to Houston and assist in the organizing of a Houston Production Club.
A third meeting was called April 15, 1943 at which Mr. Odell discussed organization of the Dallas Club. At this meeting the following officers were elected for 1943-1944: President-Hulon L. Crawford, Humble Oil and Refining Company; Vice President-Otto J Hartwick, Pittsburg Plate and Glass Company; Secretary/Treasurer- W. Gordon Duhig, Cook Paint and Varnish Company.
Subsequently, the application of the Houston club was submitted to the Federation of Paint and Varnish Production Clubs. The new club was accepted as the twenty-third member of the Federation on July 8, 1943.